Monday, December 15, 2008

Work last night

Work last night

Dec. 13th, 2008 | 12:29 pm

So I was sitting in my office last night, looking up articles for a coworker to read on the atrocities happing in Africa (see my earlier post). She seemed so concerned that it was the same religion that she belonged to that was causing this. At the same time she was checking her email and came across a missive tilted “God Saves” In it was a photograph of a truck that had jumped the guard rail on a highway and dangled precariously above what appeared to be a 200 foot chasm. She called over sever other people to look at the photograph and the all exclaimed, almost in unison, I guess god gave that guy a wakeup call, or god saved them for some higher purpose, or some such thing. I thought about this for a moment as I looked at the articles’ and photos of the thousands of little children being killed in Africa in the name of that very same god. All of a sudden I started to get sick to my stomach, my head started to spin.

I was surrounded by a world view, where god would save the life of this one person, for whatever reason, in the richest country in the world, who upon later inspection of the email, was drunk, and will let thousands of children in Africa die by burning, mutilation, dislocation of their limbs, starvation, forced lobotomies, etc. in the name of the same god.

I walked away in disgust, there was nothing I could say. I don’t want to live in that world, a world where a loving god, a god of mercy, of compassion, will save the life of some drunk stupid redneck in Arizona and will let six million jews die in concentration camp in world war two, let alone the genocide in Darfur, or Rwanda, or any thousands of examples .

The logical flaws are just staggering, as is the insensitivity to humanity. Of course these are the same people that will try to kill you if you are pro abortion.

Well perhaps those little children were not faithful enough, perhaps they did not take jesus into their hearts fast enough. Or just perhaps god does not like black people. Just tell the thousands, no millions, of people suffering, dyeing, calling out for mercy from god, that their god had a higher purpose for Joe the redneck. Go ahead, I dare you!

For whatever reason as of today I officially check out of that world view forever. Their god can take his doctrine and shove it up his a**!

I’m done now.

Simon

(bring on the pitchforks, after all that is how religion usually deals with the truth!)

1 comment:

  1. hi you! this is my blog (about christmas-sites ) :
    http://christmas-sites.blogspot.com

    you can find Christmas gifts Ideas Top 10 christmas gilfs Top christmas sites ..., And More from my blog
    http://christmas-sites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete